This is an innovative, complex and fast paced telecoms company at an exciting stage in its development.
Working in a joint venture, they are unique in how they collaborate and deliver value for their partners. As they continue to grow and develop, they identified the need for a robust talent management process aligned with their strategic direction which would help support and drive the people strategy for the next 3-5 years.
What we did
- From interviews with the CEO, senior leadership team and other stakeholders, we pulled together key themes, insights, opportunities and challenges related to the strategic direction.
- We placed a strong emphasis the behaviours that allow this company to deliver on their future goals.
- We defined what behaviours would look like in practice, how they aligned with the organisational values and how the strategy needed to be delivered and built this into a clear framework.
- The framework was linked to all talent management processes looking to the future including recruitment, promotion, performance management and career development.
- The approach was flexible so it could be shaped and aligned to future processes but also robust enough to be put into action immediately.
- We then designed competency dictionaries, interview and development guides and competency based interview training to help people understand and embed the framework.
- Finally, we designed and delivered developmentally focused assessment centres based on the framework for all employees
The framework has been launched throughout the organisation and is widely used across critical HR processes to improve alignment with the business strategy. Staff at all levels are aware of the behaviours that drive success for the business and are being supported in their development. This is having a positive impact on the quality of recruitment and promotion decisions as well as talent development for the future.